Summer Camp Dates for 2016:
August 21-27, 2016
Bayview Family Church Camp is awesome and it’s happening again this August in beautiful Muskoka. It runs August 21-27, 2016 (held on the grounds of Camp Kwasind) and is guaranteed to be the best week of your kids’ summer!
For 40 years, our church has held an annual Summer Camp for children and youth from ages 7 to 16 (You might remember it as Saalem Camp, but we’ve changed the name so it matches Bayview Family Church). Although some things have changed over the past 40 years, we still have the exact same passionate focus and belief; that children and youth are of utmost importance to God and to His church – or ‘to us’!
The campsite at Camp Kwasind has a beautiful lakefront, and lots of open space to enjoy. Kwasind’s location provides a naturally beautiful and safe camp setting to enjoy what God has created.
This Summer Camp offers a dynamic week of various activities, including sports, swimming, sauna, arts and crafts, sing-a-long, Bible studies, skits and bonfires, held in the heart of Muskoka. This is all presented in an age appropriate fashion to campers, which are divided into age groups, conducted by dedicated and experienced counsellors under the guidance of Activity Directors and the Camp Director. Campers’ health and safety are looked after by experienced Registered Nurses and certified Lifeguards. Food will be provided by a reputable catering company, to ensure your child receives tasty and nutritious meals. A tuck shop is available to provide campers the opportunity to purchase various snacks and treats.
Ask anyone who has been and they’ll all tell you the same thing: It’s the best week of summer!
COST in 2016
$430 IF the payment is post marked before July 21
$460 IF the payment is post marked after July 21
$15 payment deduction for each additional family member
$150 Non-Refundable Deposit
An optional payment schedule is permitted (in lieu of a lump-sum payment) as follows:
Early Bird Payment (Before July 21)
Post Dated Cheque #1 (July 21) $150
Post Dated Cheque #2 (Aug 21) $130
Regular Payment (After July 21)
Post Dated Cheque #1 (Aug 21) $310
If required, Bus Transportation is available both TO and FROM camp for an additional cost of $30 (one-way cost) or $60 (two-way cost).
A percentage of the overall cost of camp, 47%, is considered eligible for the government’s Fitness Tax Credit, and 23% is considered eligible for the arts tax credit (both of which can be included as a deduction in your 2015 Tax return). Please use the receipt of payment (sent by e-mail) as your official tax receipt.
Camp Directions TO Camp Kwasind
1122 Skeleton Lake Road #5
Utterson, ON P0B 1M0
- Travel north on Highway #400
- Arrive at Barrie
- Continue north on Highway #400 until the cut off for Highway #11
- Merge on to Highway #11 north.
- Continue on Highway #11 and travel past Orillia, Gravenhurst, then Bracebridge
- Exit from Highway #11 onto Highway #141.
- At the end of the exit ramp, turn west (left) and travel under highway #11, across the railroad tracks and through Utterson (Be aware the police often patrol the stretch of roadway in Utterson which is enforced at 60 Km/hr)
- Continue along Highway #141 until you come to a stop sign ? a “T’ in the road.
- At the stop sign, turn right following the signs towards Rosseau.
- Travel along Highway #141 through the small community of Raymond.
- After the community of Raymond, you will begin to see a series of road signs for Skeleton Lake Roads.
- Go past Skeleton Lake Road #1, #2, #3, & #4
- You will see a sign informing you that Camp Kwasind will be a turn on your right.
- Turn right onto Skeleton Lake Road #5
- It is about 2 kilometers in from Highway #141 on Skeleton Lake Road #5 to get to the camp. There are two signs on the road to indicate critical turns.
Payments can be made by cheque, payable to:
“Bayview Family Church” or “Saalem Church”
Send payment to
2570 Bayview Ave, Toronto, ON, M2L 1B3 and
please address your letter “ATT’N CAMP 2016″
Payments can be made by e-transfer via your bank to:
Please use the following security question and answer to make process of payment efficient:
Security Question: What do we do?
Security Answer: church (case sensitive, all lower case)
REGISTRATION for CAMP 2016 (Campers & Volunteers)
Please note that our camp is now at CAPACITY for the majority of the ages. Please contact the Camp Director (Kimmo Hamalainen) at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if space is available for your childs age range.
CAMP VIDEOS (2015 & 2014)
Do you know what the best week of summer is?
Ask any 7 to 16 year old who’s been to our summer camp and they’ll tell you that it’s undoubtedly this week of August, of course!
Here’s what makes this week so memorable:
- Sauna + swimming
- Giant water slide
- Canoe, Kayak + Banana Boat
- Waterfall trip
- Archery, Basketball, Trampoline
- Tree fort
- Arts + crafts
- Bible study
- Praise + worship
- New friends
All the camp photos can be seen on the church’s facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/BayviewFamilyChurch
Check out more camp pictures on our facebook page at: